The history of the Sourland Mountain area, and Methodism in the area, is varied and interesting. Here you will find some collected papers and information on this very unique and fragile central New Jersey region.
- Methodism Comes to Zion: Eva M. Kyle wrote a paper on the history of Methodism and the formation of the Mt. Zion United Methodist Church and its early years and history.
- The History of the Sourland Mountains: Sourland Mountain History Paper written as a school project in the 1980’s.
- The Sourland Conservancy: Organization formed and active in protecting, promoting and preserving the unique character of the Sourland Mountain region.
- Wikipedia: Information and references on the the Sourlands.
- New Jersey’s Sourland Mountain by T. J. Luce: This excellent, full-length, illustrated book is well researched, entertaining, insightful. It covers the history of the Sourlands, as well as the environment, culture, geology.
- The Sourland Mountain Preserve: Link to Somerset County Park Commission home page on the 4000 acre preserve located on the northeast “point” of the Sourland Region.
- The Sourland Mountain Preserve: Link to Hunterdon County Division of Parks and Recreation site on the 364 acres of preserve in Hunterdon County